Hollycopter Design

This is just my little blog to share what I find on the net, my work, and my thoughts!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

BACK FROM FOREVER

Yayyyy I finally have a camera! A brand new beautiful Canon that is way better than my Samsung 3 megapixel piece of crap I've had since the beginning of time. Now I get to post a butt load of pictures of the stuff I've been up to! Not like anyone reads this anyway...sigh...on to pictures!


I'm pretty new to sewing, so the idea of going to a fabric store with those large spools of cloth and asking some old lady to cut it for me (which by the way those ladies are always really hard to find when you need them) scares me, so I always stick to the scrap bins. AMAZING! If you haven't discovered this treasure trove yet, you need to. They basically have scrap fabric for sale and it's great for me because its like a dollar for half a yard which is great for me to make like 5 pouches from, or at least something really cool. I spent WAY too much money on this sweet fabric at Hobby Lobby, I love the Care Bears! I can't wait to get sewing with this stuff.



This summer I told myself I would give screen-printing a go cause it looks so freaking awesome. Problem is, I'm poor and a screen-printing kit is like $60. Boo. So I found this tutorial online to screen print using Modge Podge instead of Photo Emulsion. DEF cheaper, though the screen itself is like 30 bucks which is a little excessive for a freaking screen and wooden frame, come on now. I wanted to go the route of a plastic embroidery frame but I couldn't find screen anywhere. Anyway, this is my first attempt at screen printing, it's a little muffin! I think he's pretty darn cute myself, a nice first try I would venture.







Ok, so I've become a little obsessed with pouches. I scoured the internet for tutorials and after much dismay found this tutorial to be immensely helpful and very well done. So I've pretty much been going crazy with these things. The white and red one is actually made out of a melted white garbage bag. There are tons of tutorials on how to fuse plastic bags with irons online, it's very environmental, you know.

That's pretty much it for my pics for now I reckon, definitely more to come. I think I'm going to start making tutorials just for fun, since I sometimes have a really hard time finding them myself. Hopefully by the time I have a lot of them people will actually be reading this, yay!

-Holly

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home