Hollycopter Design

This is just my little blog to share what I find on the net, my work, and my thoughts!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Amazing!


First of all, my amazing boyfriend got me a book on Amazon with a giftcard he got (how selfless) called Simply Sublime Bags by Jodi Kahn that I'm SUPER excited about. She tells you how to make bags either without sewing or with very little sewing. Bags with duct tape and staplers, amazing. I can't wait to try out the projects.

Secondly, in watching a Martha Stewart video (btw, LOVE Martha) I learned about iron-on vinyl. Now let me preface by saying that recently I've become obsessed with oilcloth, and I've been looking everywhere for some but it seems to only come in a few patterns that everyone uses. Then I discover iron-on vinyl and my world opens up. I can MAKE my own vinyl fabric, with whatever I want???? Have I died and gone to crafting heaven? I cannot wait to buy some and try it out. Can I iron it to the front of fabric or just the back? I need to look into this more, but I'm very excited either way.

Now that I'm back from California and my class is doen, I'm ready to start sewing again. I have a million ideas and I need to get going!

-Holly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home